What is it with me and little old ladies...
... that makes them want to adopt me?
You see...The Pea (our little green-ish car), was having her annual spa day (complete with hunky mechanic type attendants) and so... I was forced to make use of my semi-local Public Transport System and... as much as I am loathe to say it... 'get the bus'.
Great googa-mooga says I!!! I haven't done the bus thing in yonks! Longer than yonks even. What bus number do I catch? What are the fares?? And more importantly... Where the bleeeeeep IS the bus stop anyway???
Now I'm really beginning to suspect that I'm actually some kind of granny magnet!
Shouldn't be surprising after Beryl attaching herself to me in the movies that day. Today however, it was a relief to hear 'can I help you dear?', coming from a teeny silver-haired lady standing nearby. We're talking brown plaid skirt, cardigan, extremely sensible shoes and hair in a bun here.
No kidding.
'Can I help you dear?'
'Actually yes. Would you know where the nearest bus stop is?'
'Oh now let me think' (she pauses with index finger under chin) 'I think there's one... no, that's moved... oh yes.. there's one..where did you say you were going?'
(I hadn't said but ok... let's go with it) 'Oh I need to get to [...]'
'Well that's where I'm going. I know where that bus stop is. We can get the bus together'
'That would be great' (oh great another granny adopts me!)
'A young woman like you shouldn't be walking around by herself really'
(cough... splutter... young???) 'Oh I'm not so young'
'You know..' (squinting up at me) '...you're very tall for a girl now that I look at you'
(Beryl said the exact same thing... clearly I'm a giantess and just don't know it... maybe I could get a job on Harry Potter!)
And so we walked and whilst we did, I was filled in on ALL the grandchildren's accomplishments... and ALL the various illness' and hip replacements of her and her friends.
Suddenly... there was the bus stop... yay! And... there was the bus... YAY YAY!!
'Granny' and I were the only passengers.. and yup... out of the bazillion or so empty seats.. 'granny' sat next to me.
And so now I know all about bunions. And worse... hemorrhoids.
This experience has become number 7 on my 'Reasons Why I NEED An iPod Nano' list.
You see...The Pea (our little green-ish car), was having her annual spa day (complete with hunky mechanic type attendants) and so... I was forced to make use of my semi-local Public Transport System and... as much as I am loathe to say it... 'get the bus'.
Great googa-mooga says I!!! I haven't done the bus thing in yonks! Longer than yonks even. What bus number do I catch? What are the fares?? And more importantly... Where the bleeeeeep IS the bus stop anyway???
Now I'm really beginning to suspect that I'm actually some kind of granny magnet!
Shouldn't be surprising after Beryl attaching herself to me in the movies that day. Today however, it was a relief to hear 'can I help you dear?', coming from a teeny silver-haired lady standing nearby. We're talking brown plaid skirt, cardigan, extremely sensible shoes and hair in a bun here.
No kidding.
'Can I help you dear?'
'Actually yes. Would you know where the nearest bus stop is?'
'Oh now let me think' (she pauses with index finger under chin) 'I think there's one... no, that's moved... oh yes.. there's one..where did you say you were going?'
(I hadn't said but ok... let's go with it) 'Oh I need to get to [...]'
'Well that's where I'm going. I know where that bus stop is. We can get the bus together'
'That would be great' (oh great another granny adopts me!)
'A young woman like you shouldn't be walking around by herself really'
(cough... splutter... young???) 'Oh I'm not so young'
'You know..' (squinting up at me) '...you're very tall for a girl now that I look at you'
(Beryl said the exact same thing... clearly I'm a giantess and just don't know it... maybe I could get a job on Harry Potter!)
And so we walked and whilst we did, I was filled in on ALL the grandchildren's accomplishments... and ALL the various illness' and hip replacements of her and her friends.
Suddenly... there was the bus stop... yay! And... there was the bus... YAY YAY!!
'Granny' and I were the only passengers.. and yup... out of the bazillion or so empty seats.. 'granny' sat next to me.
And so now I know all about bunions. And worse... hemorrhoids.
This experience has become number 7 on my 'Reasons Why I NEED An iPod Nano' list.
Comments:
|











