Sunday, May 15, 2005

An Mmmm Yummm and an Ewwww all in the one night? 

I imagine, dear listener, that you're wondering how this could be possible. Yes? Well I shall enlighten you forthwith.

Last evening I was fortunate enough to be invited over to my friends L & B's lovely townhouse for dinner. And hooray!!! B was cooking a roast being well enough now to stand for short periods of time following his spinal surgery.

Now, ANYTIME B cooks it's a hugely yummy affair.. the man has an inate talent for the successful roasting of tasty animals. Apologies to those listeners who are vegans for that semi-graphic description however, it is true.

So that was the Mmmmm Yummmm part. A fabulous roast with all the trimmings.

The Ewwwww part followed shortly thereafter with the mandatory Saturday night at L & B's viewing of the SBS program, Iron Chefs, which personally.. I watch more for the hysterically bizarre voiceovers, than the cooking itself.

Last night's ingredient? Crabs!

Oh yumm I hear you say? I would say so too. Until.. some of them had their legs lopped off alive.... had their livers scooped out alive!

I think I would take umbrage at having my carapace yanked open and my liver removed without so much as an introduction.

I won't even tell you how the lady crabs lost their eggs!

Ewwwwww!

Posted by Annie @ 10:43 am

Comments:

invisible