Monday, May 30, 2005

Budding homicidal tendencies or just plain fun?.. you be the judge 

As some of you are aware, not so long ago I obtained a copy of The Sims, in a pathetic and not very successful attempt to curb my eBay-itis. I think it was the 11th step in the program.

Anyway, you can read up on my first 'sim-full' experiences here.

Lately, Munchkin 1 (9 practising to be 13) has taken an interest in the 'magic' portion of the game. Hence, I've constructed for her, a castle of a magical sort, complete with gargoyles, pet dragons and wee kittys with fairy wings attached to their bodies.

Munchkin 1 also requested... a husband! (Wait, she's only 9? It starts already eeeeeeek!)

Now the husband was to be a) handsome... b) nice... c) able to juggle... d) resemble Harry Potter as closely as possible and e) devoid of any magical abilities whatsoever. I'm thinking that c) might not last long on her list of husbandly must-haves as she gets older. Not sure about d) though.

The reason for the lack of magical prowess? She wanted to be able to cast spells on him!! And not the nice kind either. The 'turn you into a toad' kind... the 'replace your cranium with that of a donkey's' kind. The 'you shall be my slave and churn butter all day' kind!

Just last week... Munchkin 1 accidently set her Sim-husband alight! Ok well it was actually a garden gnome she set alight but the hubby was soon engulfed in simmy-flames and standing there with a speech/picture bubble over his head that looked as if to say 'oh dear, I appear to be on fire. Hellooo person on fire here'! Sims aren't very smart... husbands or no.

Munchkin 2 was devastated... calling for the Sim-fireman.

Munchkin 1? Well she was concerned I'll give her that. Then she was ok with it, saying.. 'It's his own fault. He left the toilet seat up all the time and he burped after his meals!'

I didn't have the heart to tell her that she'd just accounted for a good percentage of the lads she'd meet in the future!
Posted by Annie @ 10:17 am

Comments:

invisible