Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Stop the Presses: Miracle Cure for Ebay Addiction Found!!! 

This is not an idle claim dear listener. No. This is a bonafide, scientifically established fact. Hmmm well perhaps not scientifically established.... BMJ established at any rate!

Last Sunday morning, I was idling trawling the pc games department of EB Games, as I am wont to do from time to time, and without much thought as to how high it could raise the levels of my patheticism (word/non-word: you be the judge!), purchased for myself, The Sims: Deluxe Edition.

Once I had it all loaded up, I set to creating a family, (using my loved ones as templates), moved them into, and furnished, a lovely house down by the lake and got down to the business of .....well... basically ruining their lives it would seem!

First day in, I burnt down the entire Sim kitchen.. including frying the Sim Me and one of the Sim Munchkins to a crisp!! Hmmmm save game? I think not! Let's start again shall we?

Second day in, fire alarms dot the walls of the Sim house, just in case of course. We have beautiful furnishings and despite nearly sending the Sim us broke... every modern appliance and recreational niknak we could want. All of which were burgled out of the Sim house by a creepy Sim-type burgler in the dead of night!! No burgler alarms you see. Save game? Not on your nelly!!

Third day in, now with both fire alarms and burgler alarms in abundance and again beautiful furnishings and fab niknaks, my Sim family is doing smashingly well. The Sim Munchkins play alot, the Sim grownups have it all well in hand. The Sim Me hasn't set fire to anything, (always a plus!). And then it happened... 'due to all play and no study, Sim Munchkin 1 has been shipped off to military school'!!

Uh oh! Ummmm... save game? Oooooh tempting... verrrrrry tempting!!

Posted by Annie @ 11:01 am

Comments:

invisible