Saturday, June 23, 2007

Richard Attenborough I'm NOT! 

A little while ago, I arrived home from physiotherapy to find the Liquid Amber tree in our front yard simply brimming with Rainbow Lorikeets. They were chowing down on all the seed pods and since the tree itself is all nekked now for winter, their glorious plumage was really striking.

So I raced hobbled inside and grabbed the trusty digicam to get some pics. There was a distinct 'wow this is kinda cool' factor along with a 'the kids are gonna love this' aspect that needed to be preserved.

The fact that it had stopped raining long enough to look skyward without drowning didn't hurt either.

Here's some of them dining at Cafe de la Liquid Amber.




Here's another one.




Here's the tree as seen whilst I was slipping in the muddy quagmire that my front yard has become due to all the rain.




Here's the muddy quagmire.





I'll spare you a shot of my muddy arse. That's something no-one should EVER have to see as anyone who's met my arse will confirm.
Posted by Annie @ 10:25 am

Comments:

invisible