Thursday, February 02, 2006

Roadtrip! (...kinda) 

Now it all started with a call from L & B, inviting me to join them on a jaunt out to the wilds of Bathurst for the local farmer's market. Which, by the way, was really L & B-speak for: 'Have to get the k's up on the work car so we can get a new one!'.

'Yeah, great, love to!', says I. 'What time do you want me over?'

'We want to leave early so be here at 6:15am', says B (with glee).

Bugger!! 6:15am!!!!, thought I, but said 'ok sure see you then'.

Saturday morning dawns. I open my eyes to discover that, while I'm totally on schedule for getting my butt over to L & B's on time, I can barely move.

You see I'd worked the day before and 9 hours on one's feet, without even a knee-bend for a break does unpleasant things to the body. My legs ached, my back was in spasm... even my eyelashes were disputing the need to get out of bed at all, nevermind at such an un-godly hour!

So I had to 'slither' out of bed, landing on the floorboards with a dull thud, and drag myself into an upright position using the door frame. All the while cursing aloud, that I'd passed up on the opportunity to get Nana's electronic bendy-bed thingy that would've sat me up on it's own with the push of a button.

The whole shower-get ready-get going process is best left without description. Suffice to say, I was an hour late getting to L & B's.

Bathurst is a fairly sleepy town being way (and I do mean WAY!) over on the other side of the Blue Mountains from here. It's quite lovely, however there are only two reasons I'd ever move there...

1. They have an ice-cream parlour named after me!


Almost reason enough!

And 2. Delicious peaches, plums and nectarines (although some were a little freaky looking!)


Underdeveloped twin or just happy to see me... You be the judge!

And the reason I wouldn't?

It'd be too damn far to drive for a decent tiramisu!!


3 and a bit hours later... Hello Bathurst!
Posted by Annie @ 2:43 am

Comments:

invisible