Monday, September 12, 2005

A Mystery Solved!! 

And it was an icky one too!

To put it bluntly... we've had an excess of ummmm lizards tails appearing around our backyard... including an assortment of lizard gizzards that have... shall we say adorned?... Hmmm perhaps gooified is a better word... Yes... have gooified our washing as it innocently dries on the line!

Ewwwwww I hear you say? I wasn't quite that polite I can assure you!!


Now... we do have a cat... Jack Kitty.. who believes himself to be a bit of a 'tiger in the long grass' but he never leaves the house. So what could it have been? A neighbourhood kitty? A lady lizard liberation movement whereby tails were cast off in a bra-esque fashion? Nuh uh.


Last week we discovered the culprit.. in the act no less! (Now that would be Ewwwwwww with a capital Yucko!)


A mated pair of Kookaburras have nested in the enormous ivy-clad eucalypt in our backyard. And what does a wee baby kookaburra like to eat? Lizards tails and lizard gizzards clearly!


The baby kook has emerged this morning, all fluffy and healthy looking so maybe they'll be moving on soon.



Mrs Kook and Kook Jnr (hope the pics clear enough to see)

They'll have to... there's not a slithering reptile left in the place! (Although I'm sure I could give them the location of one or two!)
Posted by Annie @ 7:43 pm

Comments:

invisible