Roast Beast, cheesecake and... a stripper???
Oh yes dear listener... it is but too true. I've returned from a fabulous evening that included ALL of the above. Well.. roast beast and cheesecake anyway... the stripper might be a bit of a stretch.
Now... before I get to the quasi-stripper part of today's cure for insomnia, I have to ask one thing.
Hands up those intellectual giants who know where I would have gotten the term 'roast beast' from. Children under 5 may put up their hands too as they'd surely know the answer (although if you're reading this blog kiddies... go to bed immediately!!!).
Let me give you a clue...
It's from Dr Seuss' literary marvel 'The Grinch'... (seen here carving said roast beast)...

'and he...HIMSELF... carved the roast beast!'
As inconceivable as it may be to you dear listener, I was sitting at the dinner table with three other adults of oooooh roughly the same age as myself (albeit infinitely more intelligence) and I was the only one who knew. The others had played along with my roast beast reference with absolutely no idea where it was from! Tsk tsk tsk... and all that university education too... it's truly tragic.
Now back to the stripper (tee hee hee)
Picture if you will, me... sitting demurely upon the fine white leather sofa in the lovely home of L & B... all ladylike, minding my manners and... you know what, if you CAN picture that then I'm gravely concerned for your mental health my friend. That's just not me at all now, is it. The only part in that scenario that fits would be the sofa... and the fact that I was sitting on it. The rest is absolute rubbish. I was unsuspecting however.
Down the stairs comes B... a suspiciously grinning B (which is NEVER a good thing), who proceeds to tell me he'd recently made a purchase.
TA DA!!! Down come the strides and there, somewhat north of the knobby knees... he's resplendant in blue monkey boxers!!!

thank goodness for appropriately placed bananas!!
A blatant attempt to assuage his guilt over spreading those heinous 'her birthday's on the 8th' rumours perhaps? Hmmmm...maybe.
The hilarious uproar it caused amongst all present was a welcome antidote to the poo of having my birthday entirely forgotten by others (and as an aside... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits in retribution).
L entered a post on their blog, Burnt Offerings, that includes pix of N's totally scrumptious creme brulee cheesecake. A cheesecake I had to wrangle on the way home as it seemed determined to leap off the passenger seat on every turn!
Now... before I get to the quasi-stripper part of today's cure for insomnia, I have to ask one thing.
Hands up those intellectual giants who know where I would have gotten the term 'roast beast' from. Children under 5 may put up their hands too as they'd surely know the answer (although if you're reading this blog kiddies... go to bed immediately!!!).
Let me give you a clue...
Got it yet?"Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the Whos' feast!
He took the Who-pudding! He took the roast beast!"
It's from Dr Seuss' literary marvel 'The Grinch'... (seen here carving said roast beast)...

'and he...HIMSELF... carved the roast beast!'
As inconceivable as it may be to you dear listener, I was sitting at the dinner table with three other adults of oooooh roughly the same age as myself (albeit infinitely more intelligence) and I was the only one who knew. The others had played along with my roast beast reference with absolutely no idea where it was from! Tsk tsk tsk... and all that university education too... it's truly tragic.
Now back to the stripper (tee hee hee)
Picture if you will, me... sitting demurely upon the fine white leather sofa in the lovely home of L & B... all ladylike, minding my manners and... you know what, if you CAN picture that then I'm gravely concerned for your mental health my friend. That's just not me at all now, is it. The only part in that scenario that fits would be the sofa... and the fact that I was sitting on it. The rest is absolute rubbish. I was unsuspecting however.
Down the stairs comes B... a suspiciously grinning B (which is NEVER a good thing), who proceeds to tell me he'd recently made a purchase.
TA DA!!! Down come the strides and there, somewhat north of the knobby knees... he's resplendant in blue monkey boxers!!!

thank goodness for appropriately placed bananas!!
A blatant attempt to assuage his guilt over spreading those heinous 'her birthday's on the 8th' rumours perhaps? Hmmmm...maybe.
The hilarious uproar it caused amongst all present was a welcome antidote to the poo of having my birthday entirely forgotten by others (and as an aside... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits in retribution).
L entered a post on their blog, Burnt Offerings, that includes pix of N's totally scrumptious creme brulee cheesecake. A cheesecake I had to wrangle on the way home as it seemed determined to leap off the passenger seat on every turn!
Comments:
|











