Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It's a good thing these two are soooooo cute... 

.... or they would've been tossed out with the rest of the grape stalks, milk cartons and potato peelings!!


Munchkin 1 (L) & Munchkin 2... (note the oh so stylish Blue Monkey Jammies!)

Given how cheerfully I'd throttle these two for one thing or another from time to time, I'm thinking that the adorable quality of most of our young ones is the only thing that saves us, as a species, from extinction!

Munchkin 2 (almost 7 but still really good at being 6) was caught this morning, standing in front of the bathroom mirror, wiggling all of her teeth one by one.


Conversation ensued as follows....


Me: What are you doing to your teeth?
Munchkin 2: I'm checking them all for loose ones or nearly loose ones.
Me: Right...makes sense. (pause) Why are you doing that again?
Munchkin 2: Because I need some money to buy that panda that hugs you. I saw it on Nick Jnr and I really have to have one of those right away.
Me: Ah of course.. and the teeth wiggling would be for....?
Munchkin 2: If there's lots loose then the tooth fairy will pay me for them soon and that's the only way little kids can make money! (she rolls her eyes as if to exhibit how much of a sufference it is to have so clearly clueless a mother)

All at once, a list of Cinderella/Wicked Step-Mother-esque chores popped into my head, purely as a means of assisting her in her money making efforts you understand.

Pity I'm not her step-mother *sigh* The wicked part goes without saying!

Posted by Annie @ 1:29 am

Comments:

invisible