Wednesday, April 27, 2005

In Good Company with Barbra Streisand and doilies 

With Munchkins 1 and 2 returning to school today after two weeks of holidays... (or more acurately, two weeks of unbridled chaos and destruction forced upon our household!!)... it was off to the movies.

Film of choice, In Good Company, which was not to bad... but not too good. Not to funny, not too sad.. not too intelligent and not too I-could've-left-my-brain-at-home-and-gotten-in-for-half-price either.

I was, without a doubt, the youngest person there however and that led to some interesting conversations being overheard... most of which occurred DURING the movie.

Elderly Patron 1: 'Isn't Barbra Streisand in this movie?'
Elderly Patron 2: 'No! She's a singer'
Elderly Patron 3: 'She's really a man you know. I read it in a magazine'
Elderly Patron 2: 'No no that wasn't Barbra. It's Bette Midler who's really a man'
Elderly Patron 1: 'Is she in this movie then?'

Grumpy Old Man 1: 'I'm not understanding this at all. Are you?'
Grumpy Old Man 2: 'Can't hear it with you talking!'
Grumpy Old Man 2: 'Oh wait... where's the car parked? I've left my hearing aid in the car'
Grumpy Old Man 1: 'No wonder you can't hear the movie then'

and finally....

Blue-rinse Lady 1: 'Doreen, my hip is twinging'
Blue-rinse Lady 2: 'Oh you poor love. Is it really bad? You know mine gets bad but if you sit on one cheek it might ease off'
Blue-rinse Lady 1: 'It really is quite bad now you know'
Blue-rinse Lady 2: 'We'll go love... up you get' (they stood and there was a little thump)
Blue-rinse Lady 1: 'Oh wait a minute.. no it's alright. It's just that portable telephone thingy my son gave me in my pocket. It buzzes all the time and I have no idea why. Craig says he calls and calls but I haven't heard it ring once'

The prize though has to go to the two ladies who draped the headrests of their seats with doilies before seating themselves. I actually saw them in the car park later on and .. yup.. there were doilies on the headrests of their car seats too!!

Speaking of cars... I have to get The Pea to the mechanic. She's starting to sound a little too much like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on helium for the sleek automobile she is(n't)!

Posted by Annie @ 11:37 pm

Comments:

invisible