Saturday, April 16, 2005

Close Encounters of the Jeep Kind!! 

There I was... innocently driving along... totally within the limits of the law (for once tee hee hee), when I came to a red light and being the law abiding motorist I was pretending to be at the time... stopped.

Glancing in my rear view mirror, I noticed that the glossy black Jeep Cherokee behind me a little way back wasn't stopping. Slowing yes, but not stopping.

Closer inspection revealed that the Jeep appeared to be operating itself... as there was no visible driver! I kid you not!

So... light's still red... Jeep's still coming... light's still red... and the Jeep was STILL coming!!! Until.. OOPS!! (not what I said at the time of course but it will do for now)... the Ghost Jeep nudged into The Pea's bumper.

Hello!!! Up pops the hitherto missing driver, who as it turns out, was fishing around under the passenger seat for his errant mobile phone... as you do when you're operating a large motor vehicle!

It turned out ok though. No serious damage.

The Pea is however, a little distraught. It's the morning after and that Jeep hasn't called.
Probably busy... out looking for a driver who prefers the 'looking through the front windscreen' method of handling a car.

Last night was great. Pizza and DVD at L & B's. DVD of choice was The Forgotten, a film I'd already seen however got much enjoyment out of watching again.

Watching the others who hadn't, jump out of their seats in the kinda scary bits was funnerer though!

Posted by Annie @ 7:13 am

Comments:

invisible