First Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth... and now me!
Yes dear listener, today The Pea (our little green(ish) car) and I, made an spur of the moment decision to follow the example of the great explorers of old, and journey into the Blue Mountains of New South Wales.
Actually that's a load of bollocks really. It was market day in Springwood... I had a hot chocolate jones and a Saturday all to myself! Reason enough, I'm sure!
First stop... The Blue Gum Markets at Springwood... where one of the stallholders had people giggling with his cries of 'specially for you today ladies... I have hot nuts... I have sweet nuts.. I have nuts you can crunch!'

market flowers

iron cats and dogs
From Springwood it was on to Katoomba... and a visit to Echo Point to see the Three Sisters.

The Three Sisters, Echo Point Katoomba
You can read about them here.
I think it must've been Bring An American Day at Echo Point today. There were busloads arriving. I could've made a fortune with all the 'hey could you snap our picture please' work I ended up doing!
Was nice though... some of my very dearest friends are American. I admit..it was a little funny to see them shivering in their shorts and t's when they'd expected to step off the bus into 30 degrees celsius of sunny Australian weather and instead, got 11 degrees of sunny but windy autumn in the mountains!!
Ok.. so by now the desire for hot chocolate was becoming an absolute neccessity!!! So it was time to head down to Wenthworth Falls and, after a slight geographical embarrassment (Hey.. the Pea got us lost.. not me!!!) we made it to Conservation Hut...

Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls
where they serve the best hot choc in the state.. with the best choc mud cake. And while the inside of the 'hut' is beautiful...

The Mural Wall, Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls

Inside Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls
...the real drawcard is being able to sit out on the terrace..perched up high with this gorgeous vista laid out before you!

Views to the left...

Views to the right...
.... but watch your plate.. or the Kookaburras and Currawongs will steal from it!!
Actually that's a load of bollocks really. It was market day in Springwood... I had a hot chocolate jones and a Saturday all to myself! Reason enough, I'm sure!
First stop... The Blue Gum Markets at Springwood... where one of the stallholders had people giggling with his cries of 'specially for you today ladies... I have hot nuts... I have sweet nuts.. I have nuts you can crunch!'

market flowers

iron cats and dogs
From Springwood it was on to Katoomba... and a visit to Echo Point to see the Three Sisters.

The Three Sisters, Echo Point Katoomba
You can read about them here.
I think it must've been Bring An American Day at Echo Point today. There were busloads arriving. I could've made a fortune with all the 'hey could you snap our picture please' work I ended up doing!
Was nice though... some of my very dearest friends are American. I admit..it was a little funny to see them shivering in their shorts and t's when they'd expected to step off the bus into 30 degrees celsius of sunny Australian weather and instead, got 11 degrees of sunny but windy autumn in the mountains!!
Ok.. so by now the desire for hot chocolate was becoming an absolute neccessity!!! So it was time to head down to Wenthworth Falls and, after a slight geographical embarrassment (Hey.. the Pea got us lost.. not me!!!) we made it to Conservation Hut...

Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls
where they serve the best hot choc in the state.. with the best choc mud cake. And while the inside of the 'hut' is beautiful...

The Mural Wall, Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls

Inside Conservation Hut, Wentworth Falls
...the real drawcard is being able to sit out on the terrace..perched up high with this gorgeous vista laid out before you!

Views to the left...

Views to the right...
.... but watch your plate.. or the Kookaburras and Currawongs will steal from it!!
Comments:
|











