Wow what a FABULOUS weekend!!!!
Oh my goodness.. I have just returned home from a weekend away to the beach with friends and what a great time I had!
The occasion was a gathering today at L's 'next sister down' C's beautiful home on the Central Coast of NSW for L's dad's birthday (phew.. that sentence is a bit of an alphabet soup, isn't it!). An invitation was extended to me to come along and I am so very glad I did.
L & B picked me up early (groan!!) on Saturday morning for the drive up. We had a few stops on the way to look at various things then we arrived. C's home is really quite lovely... all air and light and such a relaxed and comfy feel.
After settling a bit and shopping for a few bits and pieces for the BBQ the next day.. it was off to the beach!!!
There we were.... 4 adults... 1 giraffe of a Greyhound (Macc) and 1 Scruffy Wally-dog who has the appearance of a scruffy lion with an impressive ruff of hair around his neck, and the perfect 'grumpy old man' attitude to go with it. I'm sure you can imagine the ride to the beach was alot of fun. At one point Wally decided that standing on my lap would be a prime position to enjoy the drive!
The beach was just glorious.... cerulean skies, the sunshine was brilliant and enough of a delicious breeze to take the sting out of the sun's heat. With the sound of waves crashing, plenty of shells to pick up and the scent of the sea.. it was heaven.
I tried to capture how beautiful it was in these photos but truly you just had to be there to appreciate how lovely it was!
Beautiful skies
Best way to spend the day
Lighthouse in the distance
Macc wasn't too sure of the beach, waves, sand, water... pretty much all of it actually!!!
He did get a few sand digging lessons from B.....
Look..this is how you do it Macc!
and even though his first few attempts at digging his own hole were filled with stops and starts, he got the idea and then the game was on.
ohhhh I get it now!!
On Saturday night we all trooped off for dinner. Panarotti's Italian Restaurant at Mingara was the choice and oh boy...you should have heard us all making happy tummy noises over our culinary choices!! There was even a brief moment of confusion when I'm sure the waiting staff were baffled.... you see, we were passing our plates around the table so we could all try what the others had ordered!!! Then we got muddled as to who's was who's but didn't care.. everything was scrumptious!
Getting back to C's again it was time for a delicious port before heading off to bed.....(psssst mine had a canopy!!!!)
I woke this morning to birds singing and the sun shining....another lovely day was on the way so of course.. it was back to the beach!!! Then we had to scurry back to get ready for everyone to decend on C's for the BBQ.
The whole weekend was brilliant!! It was really wonderful getting to spend time with very dear friends, truly lovely people and just kicking back and relaxing with not a care in the world. An enormous weight was also gone from my mind and boy.. did it feel good!!!
So now I'm home again... I have salt on my lips, shells in my pockets and sand in my shoes. My beautiful Munchkins have just gotten home and life truly couldn't be better.
The occasion was a gathering today at L's 'next sister down' C's beautiful home on the Central Coast of NSW for L's dad's birthday (phew.. that sentence is a bit of an alphabet soup, isn't it!). An invitation was extended to me to come along and I am so very glad I did.
L & B picked me up early (groan!!) on Saturday morning for the drive up. We had a few stops on the way to look at various things then we arrived. C's home is really quite lovely... all air and light and such a relaxed and comfy feel.
After settling a bit and shopping for a few bits and pieces for the BBQ the next day.. it was off to the beach!!!
There we were.... 4 adults... 1 giraffe of a Greyhound (Macc) and 1 Scruffy Wally-dog who has the appearance of a scruffy lion with an impressive ruff of hair around his neck, and the perfect 'grumpy old man' attitude to go with it. I'm sure you can imagine the ride to the beach was alot of fun. At one point Wally decided that standing on my lap would be a prime position to enjoy the drive!
The beach was just glorious.... cerulean skies, the sunshine was brilliant and enough of a delicious breeze to take the sting out of the sun's heat. With the sound of waves crashing, plenty of shells to pick up and the scent of the sea.. it was heaven.
I tried to capture how beautiful it was in these photos but truly you just had to be there to appreciate how lovely it was!
Beautiful skies
Best way to spend the day
Lighthouse in the distance
Macc wasn't too sure of the beach, waves, sand, water... pretty much all of it actually!!!
He did get a few sand digging lessons from B.....
Look..this is how you do it Macc!
and even though his first few attempts at digging his own hole were filled with stops and starts, he got the idea and then the game was on.
ohhhh I get it now!!
On Saturday night we all trooped off for dinner. Panarotti's Italian Restaurant at Mingara was the choice and oh boy...you should have heard us all making happy tummy noises over our culinary choices!! There was even a brief moment of confusion when I'm sure the waiting staff were baffled.... you see, we were passing our plates around the table so we could all try what the others had ordered!!! Then we got muddled as to who's was who's but didn't care.. everything was scrumptious!
Getting back to C's again it was time for a delicious port before heading off to bed.....(psssst mine had a canopy!!!!)
I woke this morning to birds singing and the sun shining....another lovely day was on the way so of course.. it was back to the beach!!! Then we had to scurry back to get ready for everyone to decend on C's for the BBQ.
The whole weekend was brilliant!! It was really wonderful getting to spend time with very dear friends, truly lovely people and just kicking back and relaxing with not a care in the world. An enormous weight was also gone from my mind and boy.. did it feel good!!!
So now I'm home again... I have salt on my lips, shells in my pockets and sand in my shoes. My beautiful Munchkins have just gotten home and life truly couldn't be better.
Comments:
|











