'Take me out to the ball game'....
.... being sung at astonishing volumes was enough to send us all hoarse... if we weren't almost there already from cheering!!!
The game on Wednesday night was great fun, and even though the team lost, they'd already clinched their playoff spot (Woooohooooo Go Hawks!!)...so no-one cared!!
Dr D held up remarkably well especially seeing as Munchkins 1 and 2 and his own two little ones all wanted turns riding his shoulders!!... and as the four wee ones kept their 'giddy-up' requests going on a fairly frequent rotation.. it was no surprise to receive his phone call the next morning complaining that he'd woken up feeling like an old crone with a spine all bent and twisted.
Ah well.. such is the price you pay for being taller than the law allows and rubbing it in when the kiddies couldn't see!!!
Thursday was Trolley Day as usual. Not very interesting, except that whilst at the petrol station filling up The Pea (our little car), I was approached by what turned out to be an american visiting Australia with his 8yr old son with pleas for assistance as the two were hopelessly lost... ie: The petrol station was in Ryde and they thought they were 'about 5 minutes from Gosford'!!! (Listeners from NSW will realise just how lost this really is!!)
Now those that know me could attest that I will start a conversation with pretty much anyone and so naturally by the time I'd set them straight on where they were, where they should be and how to get from where they were to where they should be... I'd divined the details of thier lives, the reason for the trip and ... offered future services as tour-guide during their stay.
Let's face it... no-one should leave Australia without being peed on by a Koala at least once and I'm just the woman to arrange that!!!!! A trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park is already organised to accomplish this essential.
Yesterday was somewhat quieter with a viewing of the advance screening of The House of Flying Daggers which, as I suspected was another cinematic triumph from the same team as 'Hero' and 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'.... albeit more of a love story than an all-out action film.
Haven't you noticed that in all great love stories through the ages, the lovers die?
I'm thinking it's so we can remember how grand and glorious their epic love for each other was before the image is blunted somewhat by the sun coming up in the morning of the day after riding off into the sunset and the reality of 'will you stop leaving the toilet seat up!!' and 'honestly.. she means nothing to me!' ruins the image for good!! tee hee hee
The game on Wednesday night was great fun, and even though the team lost, they'd already clinched their playoff spot (Woooohooooo Go Hawks!!)...so no-one cared!!
Dr D held up remarkably well especially seeing as Munchkins 1 and 2 and his own two little ones all wanted turns riding his shoulders!!... and as the four wee ones kept their 'giddy-up' requests going on a fairly frequent rotation.. it was no surprise to receive his phone call the next morning complaining that he'd woken up feeling like an old crone with a spine all bent and twisted.
Ah well.. such is the price you pay for being taller than the law allows and rubbing it in when the kiddies couldn't see!!!
Thursday was Trolley Day as usual. Not very interesting, except that whilst at the petrol station filling up The Pea (our little car), I was approached by what turned out to be an american visiting Australia with his 8yr old son with pleas for assistance as the two were hopelessly lost... ie: The petrol station was in Ryde and they thought they were 'about 5 minutes from Gosford'!!! (Listeners from NSW will realise just how lost this really is!!)
Now those that know me could attest that I will start a conversation with pretty much anyone and so naturally by the time I'd set them straight on where they were, where they should be and how to get from where they were to where they should be... I'd divined the details of thier lives, the reason for the trip and ... offered future services as tour-guide during their stay.
Let's face it... no-one should leave Australia without being peed on by a Koala at least once and I'm just the woman to arrange that!!!!! A trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park is already organised to accomplish this essential.
Yesterday was somewhat quieter with a viewing of the advance screening of The House of Flying Daggers which, as I suspected was another cinematic triumph from the same team as 'Hero' and 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'.... albeit more of a love story than an all-out action film.
Haven't you noticed that in all great love stories through the ages, the lovers die?
I'm thinking it's so we can remember how grand and glorious their epic love for each other was before the image is blunted somewhat by the sun coming up in the morning of the day after riding off into the sunset and the reality of 'will you stop leaving the toilet seat up!!' and 'honestly.. she means nothing to me!' ruins the image for good!! tee hee hee
Comments:
|











