Started the day with a giggle....
.....was eating toast with honey and ginger spread for breakfast when Munchkin 2 asked if she could try some. 'Some' turned into an enormous bite and an exclaimation of 'ohhhhhh that's yum!'.
Munchkin 2 (still chewing) then asked 'What are those black bits?'. 'Linseeds' said I... 'it's soy linseed bread'. A look of complete horror came over her face and she yelled out to Munchkin 1, 'Mummy is eating soy insect bread and I just had some.. the black bits are insects!!!'
Too funny! Even funnier perhaps was Munchkin 1's reply of... 'oh cooooool!'
Ok.. so I've spent the majority of the day waiting around for TV repair guys to show up 'sometime' today. Personally, I'd feel better if taking to the thing with a baseball bat was the cure for it's not-working-ness.. (I still have all that 'victim of customer service' rage to work through!).
When they arrived.. get this.. the TV repair guy was 23 and his apprentice? a ripe old 57!! They deduced after much ummmming and ahhhhing that the TV had blown a fuse BUT that it clearly had fuse issues as it kept blowing the new ones they put in!!!
Well..our lovely and new (dammit!!) TV is now on it's way to the TV hospital where it will (hopefully) be successfully treated for cancer of the fuse and subsequent transplant of new fuse rejection.
As for me? Well I'm going to throw some knickers and a toothbrush into a bag and high-tail it out of here! There's two hours till Munchkins 1 and 2 return home from school. Should give me enough time to flee the country 'coz I don't want to be the one to tell them there's no TV for goodness knows how long!!! They're insane enough already from withdrawals!
Come to think of it... I'd better warn Jack Kitty so he has time to throw some cat-knickers and a cat-toothbrush into a bag as well!!!
Munchkin 2 (still chewing) then asked 'What are those black bits?'. 'Linseeds' said I... 'it's soy linseed bread'. A look of complete horror came over her face and she yelled out to Munchkin 1, 'Mummy is eating soy insect bread and I just had some.. the black bits are insects!!!'
Too funny! Even funnier perhaps was Munchkin 1's reply of... 'oh cooooool!'
Ok.. so I've spent the majority of the day waiting around for TV repair guys to show up 'sometime' today. Personally, I'd feel better if taking to the thing with a baseball bat was the cure for it's not-working-ness.. (I still have all that 'victim of customer service' rage to work through!).
When they arrived.. get this.. the TV repair guy was 23 and his apprentice? a ripe old 57!! They deduced after much ummmming and ahhhhing that the TV had blown a fuse BUT that it clearly had fuse issues as it kept blowing the new ones they put in!!!
Well..our lovely and new (dammit!!) TV is now on it's way to the TV hospital where it will (hopefully) be successfully treated for cancer of the fuse and subsequent transplant of new fuse rejection.
As for me? Well I'm going to throw some knickers and a toothbrush into a bag and high-tail it out of here! There's two hours till Munchkins 1 and 2 return home from school. Should give me enough time to flee the country 'coz I don't want to be the one to tell them there's no TV for goodness knows how long!!! They're insane enough already from withdrawals!
Come to think of it... I'd better warn Jack Kitty so he has time to throw some cat-knickers and a cat-toothbrush into a bag as well!!!
Comments:
|











