Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The post-blackout shockwave included... 

.... one modem 'over easy' and one, all but brand new, big screen TV 'fried to a crisp'!!

The former required a call to yet another customer service type albeit a considerably more helpful one... he accepted right from the get-go, that I knew where I lived and that it was really a house that I lived in! An admission that not only made for a nice change but also scored him huge brownie points and eased the internal cringe I'd adopted at the thought of dealing with two customer service types over as many days!

So ... with a little bit of tweaking ...semi-baked modem sorted... Yeeehaaa!

We have, however, been sans TV now since Saturday and let me tell you.. it's driving the Munchkins crazy. As we're not hugeTV watchers to start with here, we only have the one TV set. Hmmmm well that's not technically true... actually we have three sets but only use the one (coz it's REALLY big and cool and ummmm big!)

Annnnnnnyway.... turns out the soonest we could coax a TV repair-person out to our little cottage is Thursday. I'm surprised you didn't hear the Munchkins' wail of anguish from there dear listener... or perhaps you did. If you heard anything resembling an air-raid siren and ummmmm a strangled cat with a fair dose of absolute disgust mixed in then yup... that was them!

While the Munchkins are not of the square-eyed variety, they sure do miss TV when it's not working and after 3 days, I'm really thankful they're so cute and adorable cause their moans and groans of angst are rubbing my homicidal tendency nerve red raw and if they weren't so cute... they'd both be out in the wheelie bin with the rest of the potato peelings!

Posted by Annie @ 9:41 am

Comments:

invisible