It's Munchkin 1's birthday today!!!!
.... but more on that later!
Today was a huge day with oodles of errands that had me running the length and longth of Sydney... (is 'longth' even a word? tee hee hee).
I had toooooo....
Munchkin 1 had a fantastic day. She was already basking in the glow of being nominated Vice Captain of her class (I'm so immensely proud of her!) and then a birthday!!!
We did the present thing which was the usual scene of brutality and chaos with the ripping and tearing and then it was off to a family dinner!!
The restaurant was perfect. It had an enormous play area for the kiddies to run off all those sugary lovelies we all save especially for birthday occasions which leaves us grown-ups free to pursue more adult entertainment (like stealing the lollies and frosting off the cake when the youngsters aren't looking!!). She had such a brilliant time and has just now gone to bed with the biggest grin on her beautiful face.
Tomorrow will be a busy one too. With my health thing making leaps and bounds towards being fabulous again and the afterglow of my fantastic beach weekend still humming.. I'm getting out there and living life! It's all good!!
Today was a huge day with oodles of errands that had me running the length and longth of Sydney... (is 'longth' even a word? tee hee hee).
I had toooooo....
- pay some bills (yawn),
- pick up school supplies for the Munchkins (yawn),
- get the next novel in the trilogy I'm reading (yay!),
- go to the jewellers to see if they would melt down a gold ring I no longer need to hang on to and turn it into something beautiful for me (another yay! and very cathartic too!!),
- and, organise the bits and pieces for Munchkin 1's birthday party tonight (Hippo birdee two ewes Munchkin 1!!).
Somewhere in all of that I managed a call with the lovely A-N, a salon visit and the sneaky wrapping-of-birthday-goodies ready for Munchkin 1's return from school.
Now... back to Munchkin 1, who turned 9 today!!!! It's really hard to believe actually as I'm fairly certain I only gave birth to her the day before yesterday!!!Munchkin 1 had a fantastic day. She was already basking in the glow of being nominated Vice Captain of her class (I'm so immensely proud of her!) and then a birthday!!!
We did the present thing which was the usual scene of brutality and chaos with the ripping and tearing and then it was off to a family dinner!!
The restaurant was perfect. It had an enormous play area for the kiddies to run off all those sugary lovelies we all save especially for birthday occasions which leaves us grown-ups free to pursue more adult entertainment (like stealing the lollies and frosting off the cake when the youngsters aren't looking!!). She had such a brilliant time and has just now gone to bed with the biggest grin on her beautiful face.
Tomorrow will be a busy one too. With my health thing making leaps and bounds towards being fabulous again and the afterglow of my fantastic beach weekend still humming.. I'm getting out there and living life! It's all good!!
Comments:
|











