We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!!!
Ah yes... the zoo.... what used to be my home away from home and now is more like a visit to granny's when you know she's got home-baked cookies cooling and the kettle boiling. It's that good people.
Last Tuesday was 'zoo day'. As Munchkins 1 & 2 are currently in week 4 of their school vacation.... (and I'm still sane I hear you ask?? Just barely dear listener.. just barely!)...yes anyway... Munchkins 1 & 2 are on school holidays soooooo off to Taronga Zoo in Sydney we went.
Now you know this had nothing whatsoever to do with the new arrival of a baby girl gorilla, don't you? If you do, then I also have a bridge for sale you might like!
Tuesdays at Taronga also means we can meet with the lovely and talented A-N....as she volunteers at the zoo on Tuesdays. I'm still not sure what the Munchkins liked more...being slobbered on by a giraffe... or lunching with A-N!!
How cool is this mum!!
I know you'll be disappointed to hear that I didn't get pictures of the new baby Kimya. I saw her but was busy doing the 'awwwwwwww' thing and by the time I had the camera out, Kriba (her mother) had her tucked under a leafy blanket and out of sight.
I know... it's really quite sad. I did however, get pictures of her slightly older half-siblings...
Mbeli....
The only way to travel!
.... and Fataki...
are we done browsing yet?
... cause I knew how much you wanted to see them too!!
As always, a really wonderful day and my first full zoo day for a very long time... which I have to say, made it even more memorable for me!!!
Oh before I go... I have to give snaps to A-N's friend H, for her truly delectible home-made lemon cheesecake. Just when I'd come to think of the world as bereft of cheesecake genius... my faith in the culinary art of cheesecake making is restored. I could barely maintain a conversation with A-N when lunching at her home last week due to the happy tummy noises I was making over this scrumptious treat. Yummmmmo!
Last Tuesday was 'zoo day'. As Munchkins 1 & 2 are currently in week 4 of their school vacation.... (and I'm still sane I hear you ask?? Just barely dear listener.. just barely!)...yes anyway... Munchkins 1 & 2 are on school holidays soooooo off to Taronga Zoo in Sydney we went.
Now you know this had nothing whatsoever to do with the new arrival of a baby girl gorilla, don't you? If you do, then I also have a bridge for sale you might like!
Tuesdays at Taronga also means we can meet with the lovely and talented A-N....as she volunteers at the zoo on Tuesdays. I'm still not sure what the Munchkins liked more...being slobbered on by a giraffe... or lunching with A-N!!
How cool is this mum!!
I know you'll be disappointed to hear that I didn't get pictures of the new baby Kimya. I saw her but was busy doing the 'awwwwwwww' thing and by the time I had the camera out, Kriba (her mother) had her tucked under a leafy blanket and out of sight.
I know... it's really quite sad. I did however, get pictures of her slightly older half-siblings...
Mbeli....
The only way to travel!
.... and Fataki...
are we done browsing yet?
... cause I knew how much you wanted to see them too!!
As always, a really wonderful day and my first full zoo day for a very long time... which I have to say, made it even more memorable for me!!!
Oh before I go... I have to give snaps to A-N's friend H, for her truly delectible home-made lemon cheesecake. Just when I'd come to think of the world as bereft of cheesecake genius... my faith in the culinary art of cheesecake making is restored. I could barely maintain a conversation with A-N when lunching at her home last week due to the happy tummy noises I was making over this scrumptious treat. Yummmmmo!
Comments:
|











