Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I have sat here, staring at this blank page.... 

.... for what feels like hours, shaking my head at how monumentally unfair life can be.

Since being told I was sick in 2002, I have met an assortment of people, both old and young in similar situations as me (and much worse), who have amazed me with their resilience and ability to see the humour, albeit sometimes very black humour, in just about everything.

Some of these people I've lost over the last three years, their illness' taking them away much too soon. Some of them now, are over the worst and taking their lives back again.

Some, one in particular, are doing the very best they can just to get through each day and this is the part that has me shaking my head.

This particular person has had to deal with more grief through personal loss than anyone should ever have to. So much so, that you would think the Gods of Trickery would've had their fill seeing the effects of their cruel mischief on him and yet even now, he's fighting to get through each day while he's poisoned in the name of 'treatment'.

It's just so damn unfair!!!

T... if you're reading this..I am absolutely in awe of your enormous inner strength. Most people would've curled up in a hole and dragged a rock over their heads after experiencing but a smidgen of what you've had to endure. You're an extraordinary man. You amaze me and I feel truly fortunate on a daily basis to have you in our lives.

Well, as I collect myself (mentally shaking my fist at the Gods of Trickery)...our little cottage is quiet and still. The Munchkins having finally drifted off to sleep excited about tomorrow's outing. For we're off to the Capitol Theatre in Haymarket, Sydney for the matinee performance of The Lion King .

At the moment, such enjoyment feels almost blasphemous, but for now... I'm done... I'm off for bed. Goodnight!

Posted by Annie @ 10:25 pm

Comments:

invisible