Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Just when I thought I had the Santa thing covered..... 

..... Munchkin 1 (almost 9 but still really good at being 8!), backflips on her Christmas wishes in a way that would have most parents throwing up their arms in despair!

Yes dear listener it's true. With only 18 days or so left till Christmas, Munchkin 1 has changed her mind and decided that what she really wants Santa to leave under our tree on Christmas morning is....

.........a HIPPOGRIFF!!!!!



Buckbeak, star of Harry Potter and the
Prisoner of Azkaban


This is a picture of said Hippogriff. Not the one she wants however, because she wants a girl Hippogriff!!!

Face it folks.... Barbie is out the window this year. The standard bicycle that we stay up all night to put together, cursing under our breath so as not to wake our Munchkins when we jam a finger, has clearly had it's day!

Instead, it's mythical creatures.... LIVE mythical creatures!! And I thought the puppy was going to be tough!!!

Not sure how I'm going to get around this one.... unless I can find a horse obliging enough to allow me to chop of it's head and replace it with an eagle's body of equal horsey proportions!


And it would be kinda cool. She could use the Hippogriff to fly her to school which would save wear and tear on The Pea, not to mention fuel costs.

Oh but wait.... what I'd save in fuel costs, I'd lose in smelly dead ferret costs to feed the big birdy/horsey. Maybe I should suggest to Munchkin 1 that the smelly dead ferrets be kept in her room. Do you think that would change her mind??

Ah Christmas... where would we be without it?

The nation's mental health situation would be in better shape.. that I'm sure of!!

Posted by Annie @ 6:29 am

Comments:

invisible