Monday, November 15, 2004

What else to do on a spectacular Monday.... 

.... but visit gorgeous Birkenhead Point in Drummoyne!

Birkenhead Point is home to, amongst other things, a really fabulous outlet centre (hey! I am a girl after all!! My priorities are straight!) The rarity here though is that it's actually a complete joy to shop there... it's right on the water at Canada Bay.... has a Gloria Jeans for the easy acquisition of a cappuccino chiller to sip whilst gazing out over the water...and the centre itself is really very nice... with lovely paved, open air courtyards....



..... glorious views from just about every angle...



..... and it's very easy to get around, without the usual murderous discount hungry crowd found at other outlet venues.

My reasons for visiting today were twofold. Number one.. and ok I admit it.. perhaps the LEAST important... the beckoning of beautiful sunny skies. Number two... some stealthy reconnaissance of the Mambo outlet store.. in search of... ssssssssssh it's a secret actually!

I admit, I was temporarily waylaid by Tree of Life .. where I found some beautiful hand painted wooden butterflies adorned with a rainbow of silk ribbons, Gallery Orientique... where I finally found a rosewood stand for my jade puzzle ball after an exhaustive search of many months... (should've gone there first come to think of it!), and, Cafe Birkenhead where I had a delicious light lunch whilst basking in the sun and thinking to myself that I really should go back to coming here every Sunday morning for breakfast!

Then it was off to Mambo only to find that 'no', they didn't have what I was looking for in stock...'no', they didn't think they would be getting another one in anytime soon... and 'NO', they certainly couldn't tell me if what I was after was available at any of the other Mambo stores!

But who cares?? It was worth it just for the views, the sunshine and I was already laden down with parcels enough to satisfy my girly shopping needs. Besides... there was always eBay!!!!

Posted by Annie @ 8:44 pm

Comments:

invisible