Things that go 'gurgle' in the night...
.... had the children thinking there was a 'toilet monster'!!
Let me start at the beginning. As it turns out our little cottage is a plumber's dream. Basically because this cottage requires the services of a plumber every three to four months!!! (The dream part being said plumber gets a fabulous income at the expense of our noses!!)
Mysterious noises and strange bathroom goings on prompted a call to the plumber last week who arrived unannounced this morning around 6am with a 'heard you've got a bit of a plumbing problem love'. [Me] 'Actually it was a bit of a problem when I called LAST WEEK.... now it's ALOT of a problem!!!'
Anyhoo.... I unlocked the side entrance so he could get to work and went back inside... realising on the way that I'd just answered the door in my jammies!! Not the blue monkey jammies...they've been retired for summer (tee hee hee) but a still very stylish pair of orange and white striped jammies with large yellow hibisicus flowers on them. I'm sure Vogue will be after me for their cover on hearing that.
Now... the Munchkins and I had to get a wriggle on this morning. I had to get them off to school and make an appointment with the local constabulary by 9.30am so it was hurry hurry hurry!!!
Mr Plumber kept calling me out to answer 'general plumbing questions'...like 'had alot of rain recently haven't we?' and 'it's a nice spot here with all those big trees in the yard'... the latter while motioning to the very same trees that are responsible for the plumbing problem in the first place!! This was not helping the previously mentioned hurry hurry hurry theme of the morning. He made short work of it though and things were 'flowing smoothly' again in next to no time. YAY for us (and our noses!).
At this point I should confess that I almost lost the plot when Mr Plumber called me out to the yard for the fourth time and was found to be bent over the drain. My first reaction was eeeeeeeeeeek! Please let there be no 'tradesman's crack'! And there wasn't. Just satin boxers.. black with multi-coloured billard balls on them. Very considerate of him I thought even if it did make it hard to stifle the giggles enough to reply to 'We've had this problem at our place too. My missus hasn't been able to do any laundry'!!
Let me start at the beginning. As it turns out our little cottage is a plumber's dream. Basically because this cottage requires the services of a plumber every three to four months!!! (The dream part being said plumber gets a fabulous income at the expense of our noses!!)
Mysterious noises and strange bathroom goings on prompted a call to the plumber last week who arrived unannounced this morning around 6am with a 'heard you've got a bit of a plumbing problem love'. [Me] 'Actually it was a bit of a problem when I called LAST WEEK.... now it's ALOT of a problem!!!'
Anyhoo.... I unlocked the side entrance so he could get to work and went back inside... realising on the way that I'd just answered the door in my jammies!! Not the blue monkey jammies...they've been retired for summer (tee hee hee) but a still very stylish pair of orange and white striped jammies with large yellow hibisicus flowers on them. I'm sure Vogue will be after me for their cover on hearing that.
Now... the Munchkins and I had to get a wriggle on this morning. I had to get them off to school and make an appointment with the local constabulary by 9.30am so it was hurry hurry hurry!!!
Mr Plumber kept calling me out to answer 'general plumbing questions'...like 'had alot of rain recently haven't we?' and 'it's a nice spot here with all those big trees in the yard'... the latter while motioning to the very same trees that are responsible for the plumbing problem in the first place!! This was not helping the previously mentioned hurry hurry hurry theme of the morning. He made short work of it though and things were 'flowing smoothly' again in next to no time. YAY for us (and our noses!).
At this point I should confess that I almost lost the plot when Mr Plumber called me out to the yard for the fourth time and was found to be bent over the drain. My first reaction was eeeeeeeeeeek! Please let there be no 'tradesman's crack'! And there wasn't. Just satin boxers.. black with multi-coloured billard balls on them. Very considerate of him I thought even if it did make it hard to stifle the giggles enough to reply to 'We've had this problem at our place too. My missus hasn't been able to do any laundry'!!
Comments:
|











