Robin Hood rides again....
..... hmmm well maybe Maid Marion because me in green tights would be a huuuuuge fashion blunder!!
Yes friends... people all around the world with apples on their heads (or tim tams in their mouths tee hee hee!!) are quaking in their boots today as I've taken my first step back into the world of archery!
I'm afraid it's true. A visit to the gorgeous Sydney Olympic Archery Centre and discussions with various archer-guru types has revealed, that despite a two year absence from the sport due to health reasons, it would seem that I'm ready to get those bowstrings twanging again and, more importantly, that I haven't lost too much form. Although, it could be said that the abovementioned archer-guru types were only saying this while I had a draw on them..... but who knows!!
Anyhoo... I go back again on Saturday morning to get things going in earnest. The grounds are sooo beautiful. Just an 'arrow's shot' from Bicentennial Park where I decided to take a little stroll by the water after meeting archer-guru types. I didn't see any waterfowl though... hmmmmm perhaps the memo has already gone out I'll be shooting arrows nearby and they've packed their wee waterfowl bags and gotten a head start!!
These are just some of the pictures I took today!
View over the pond!
Beautiful blue skies
Yes friends... people all around the world with apples on their heads (or tim tams in their mouths tee hee hee!!) are quaking in their boots today as I've taken my first step back into the world of archery!
I'm afraid it's true. A visit to the gorgeous Sydney Olympic Archery Centre and discussions with various archer-guru types has revealed, that despite a two year absence from the sport due to health reasons, it would seem that I'm ready to get those bowstrings twanging again and, more importantly, that I haven't lost too much form. Although, it could be said that the abovementioned archer-guru types were only saying this while I had a draw on them..... but who knows!!
Anyhoo... I go back again on Saturday morning to get things going in earnest. The grounds are sooo beautiful. Just an 'arrow's shot' from Bicentennial Park where I decided to take a little stroll by the water after meeting archer-guru types. I didn't see any waterfowl though... hmmmmm perhaps the memo has already gone out I'll be shooting arrows nearby and they've packed their wee waterfowl bags and gotten a head start!!
These are just some of the pictures I took today!
View over the pond!
Beautiful blue skies
Comments:
|











