Part Two....
I've decided to split this exercise into maybe 2 parts. I say maybe because I really have no idea how long it's going to be.... this is a backpost of sorts you know although it is becoming confusing already...I'm confused and I'm writing it!!
To continue....
Sunday November 21st
Today I kidnapped the Munchkins.....
.... and whisked them away to Castle Towers for The Polar Express!!
All I can say is WOW!! It was soooo great! An entirely wonderful escape into imaginative Christmas fantasy. My cheeks were sore from grinning non stop for 100 minutes.
With Munchkin 1 on one side and Munchkin 2 snuggled in my lap.... and a whole cinema full of christmas pixies singing 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town' with the elves on screen it was completely brilliant.
Without giving too much away....the story shows something I've always felt was certain.... Seeing isn't always believing... sometimes believing is seeing.
After the movie we went for some ice-cream and found what the Munchkins pronounced to be the 'best thing ever!' A 'Build-a-bear Workshop has opened in Castle Towers! Check out their website and you'll only feel half the joy and excitement evident on every little face in that store! Kids getting to make, stuff and personalise their own teddy bears, puppies, kittens and monkeys is a fabulous (and somewhat chaotic!) thing to behold. I know I'll definately be going back with or without the Munchkins. I was sold the instant I saw that I can make my own Rudolph.. who bears a striking resemblence to the Rudolph from those fabulous Rankin Bass Christmas specials I adored so much as a kid and to be honest... still do!!!
We returned home to find parcels galore at my front door from the eBay fairy. I don't blame the parcel delivery man for holding off till he had a couple. Our little red cottage isn't the easiest place to get in and out of sometimes.
The Munchkins didn't need much convincing to help unwrap (read: rip,tear and mangle) said parcels. It was a very christmas morning-esque end to a very christmasy day!
Yes the punishment continues....there IS a part three!!! But it's the last one I promise.
Off we go.....
To continue....
Sunday November 21st
Today I kidnapped the Munchkins.....
.... and whisked them away to Castle Towers for The Polar Express!!
All I can say is WOW!! It was soooo great! An entirely wonderful escape into imaginative Christmas fantasy. My cheeks were sore from grinning non stop for 100 minutes.
With Munchkin 1 on one side and Munchkin 2 snuggled in my lap.... and a whole cinema full of christmas pixies singing 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town' with the elves on screen it was completely brilliant.
Without giving too much away....the story shows something I've always felt was certain.... Seeing isn't always believing... sometimes believing is seeing.
After the movie we went for some ice-cream and found what the Munchkins pronounced to be the 'best thing ever!' A 'Build-a-bear Workshop has opened in Castle Towers! Check out their website and you'll only feel half the joy and excitement evident on every little face in that store! Kids getting to make, stuff and personalise their own teddy bears, puppies, kittens and monkeys is a fabulous (and somewhat chaotic!) thing to behold. I know I'll definately be going back with or without the Munchkins. I was sold the instant I saw that I can make my own Rudolph.. who bears a striking resemblence to the Rudolph from those fabulous Rankin Bass Christmas specials I adored so much as a kid and to be honest... still do!!!
We returned home to find parcels galore at my front door from the eBay fairy. I don't blame the parcel delivery man for holding off till he had a couple. Our little red cottage isn't the easiest place to get in and out of sometimes.
The Munchkins didn't need much convincing to help unwrap (read: rip,tear and mangle) said parcels. It was a very christmas morning-esque end to a very christmasy day!
Yes the punishment continues....there IS a part three!!! But it's the last one I promise.
Off we go.....
Comments:
|











