Part One....
I've become complacent dear listener....
... lax even. I've developed the ghastly habit of pre-ordering my bloggy thoughts into something that resembles literacy, offline rather than posting directly and the consequences are dire.
Because you see... I've posted somewhat out of order and while I do appreciate that the bloggy contents of this blog could hardly be described as Nobel Prize worthy.. it's the principal of the thing.
So....rather than confuse you all and 'back date' my posts (yes yes B I know I'm guilty of that already!).. and seeing as I can't sleep anyway... it's catch up time people!
These fit in between 'Things don't bode well for Christmas shoppers' (November 19th) and 'Happy Turkey Day to' (November 24th). (Crib sheets will be available in the foyer for those who can't follow the following!)
Saturday November 20th
Last night's sleep was basically a non-event....
... or at least that's the excuse I'm using for falling off the website tweaking wagon. That and the fact that the festive season is almost upon us and it's high time for the BMJ Website to start looking a little festive I thought.
Now boys and girls..before you roll your eyes I should tell you that I didn't do it for very long. Only a mere fraction of time. Four hours at most. Who knew that website tweaking was in fact NOT a cure for insomnia? Although I guess that depends on the website, what you're tweaking.. and whether you're stubborn enough to refuse to allow the HTML coding monster to beat you!!!
Suddenly it dawned on me that dawn was in fact dawning and my eyeballs had pixelised! 'Sleigh Ride' was ringing in my ears and it was all becoming a tinsel blur... so.... a shower, something that resembled breakfast but tasted like old socks and a quick call to Mr Archery Guru and I was off to shoot stuff! (paper targets people.. don't panic).
After killing as many of those pesky paper targets as I could. I headed over to Macquarie to see Hero .
What a visually stunning, extraordinary film!!. Gorgeous colour, breathtaking scenery. Possibly not everyone's cup of tea but I found it remarkable. I've included a link here to a site I found that has gallery pictures from the film, in case you want a look. It might take a minute to load but it's worth it. It was definately a 'big screen' one that's for sure.
I was still marvelling at the intense ummm afterglow of the movie as my fellow patrons and I filed out of the cinema, when I slammed right into someone! Looking to see who I'd almost mashed into the carpet I was greeted with weird thing number one...an american accented 'Oh boy, are you alright ma'am?' .
Ma'am? Here is me looking around for a little old lady that might fit the word ma'am when I get it again... 'ma'am? are you alright?'
Ok so that's two ma'ams now. Who was this person? Then we were out in the light some more and .... weird thing number two. American accented 30-something ma'am man was wearing an Iowa Hawkeyes T-shirt!! I made the mistake of saying 'wow Iowa Hawkeyes!' and then had to explain how I knew who they were, what they were and in fact that I knew where Iowa was. Thank goodness I wasn't completely brainless in this regard!!! (Although I still don't remember all the surrounding states so don't be quizzing me T!)
Anyhoo.. after a little bit of conversation and some advice on where he could see koalas and kangaroos in the wild (no they aren't just hopping down the road in the suburbs!) he left me with a 'Go Hawks!' and was on his way.
Just in time for me to nick into one of my favourite stores... Tribal Concepts... that has reopened after a brief, for them... but gruesome, for me, absence... and re-emerge with a beautiful butterfly and copper temple bell windchime.
Then it was off home... phew! What a morning!
And now.. I'm off for dinner at L & B's which always results in a happy tummy and maybe a quick X-Box fix!!
Now.. on to part 2... with me so far?
... lax even. I've developed the ghastly habit of pre-ordering my bloggy thoughts into something that resembles literacy, offline rather than posting directly and the consequences are dire.
Because you see... I've posted somewhat out of order and while I do appreciate that the bloggy contents of this blog could hardly be described as Nobel Prize worthy.. it's the principal of the thing.
So....rather than confuse you all and 'back date' my posts (yes yes B I know I'm guilty of that already!).. and seeing as I can't sleep anyway... it's catch up time people!
These fit in between 'Things don't bode well for Christmas shoppers' (November 19th) and 'Happy Turkey Day to' (November 24th). (Crib sheets will be available in the foyer for those who can't follow the following!)
Saturday November 20th
Last night's sleep was basically a non-event....
... or at least that's the excuse I'm using for falling off the website tweaking wagon. That and the fact that the festive season is almost upon us and it's high time for the BMJ Website to start looking a little festive I thought.
Now boys and girls..before you roll your eyes I should tell you that I didn't do it for very long. Only a mere fraction of time. Four hours at most. Who knew that website tweaking was in fact NOT a cure for insomnia? Although I guess that depends on the website, what you're tweaking.. and whether you're stubborn enough to refuse to allow the HTML coding monster to beat you!!!
Suddenly it dawned on me that dawn was in fact dawning and my eyeballs had pixelised! 'Sleigh Ride' was ringing in my ears and it was all becoming a tinsel blur... so.... a shower, something that resembled breakfast but tasted like old socks and a quick call to Mr Archery Guru and I was off to shoot stuff! (paper targets people.. don't panic).
After killing as many of those pesky paper targets as I could. I headed over to Macquarie to see Hero .
What a visually stunning, extraordinary film!!. Gorgeous colour, breathtaking scenery. Possibly not everyone's cup of tea but I found it remarkable. I've included a link here to a site I found that has gallery pictures from the film, in case you want a look. It might take a minute to load but it's worth it. It was definately a 'big screen' one that's for sure.
I was still marvelling at the intense ummm afterglow of the movie as my fellow patrons and I filed out of the cinema, when I slammed right into someone! Looking to see who I'd almost mashed into the carpet I was greeted with weird thing number one...an american accented 'Oh boy, are you alright ma'am?' .
Ma'am? Here is me looking around for a little old lady that might fit the word ma'am when I get it again... 'ma'am? are you alright?'
Ok so that's two ma'ams now. Who was this person? Then we were out in the light some more and .... weird thing number two. American accented 30-something ma'am man was wearing an Iowa Hawkeyes T-shirt!! I made the mistake of saying 'wow Iowa Hawkeyes!' and then had to explain how I knew who they were, what they were and in fact that I knew where Iowa was. Thank goodness I wasn't completely brainless in this regard!!! (Although I still don't remember all the surrounding states so don't be quizzing me T!)
Anyhoo.. after a little bit of conversation and some advice on where he could see koalas and kangaroos in the wild (no they aren't just hopping down the road in the suburbs!) he left me with a 'Go Hawks!' and was on his way.
Just in time for me to nick into one of my favourite stores... Tribal Concepts... that has reopened after a brief, for them... but gruesome, for me, absence... and re-emerge with a beautiful butterfly and copper temple bell windchime.
Then it was off home... phew! What a morning!
And now.. I'm off for dinner at L & B's which always results in a happy tummy and maybe a quick X-Box fix!!
Now.. on to part 2... with me so far?
Comments:
|











