A flutter on the ponies....
..... is usually what 99.9% of the adult (and not so adult!!) population of this country will indulge in at some point today. For it's Melbourne Cup day.... Victorians get the day off all together and the other states? Well most of them will just take it off anyway! Ah yes Melbourne Cup day...the business world of Australia grinds to a halt starting at lunchtime and most of the nation is drunk by 3pm. But hey! It's one day a year (for most of us) so why not?
Yesterday I got to spend some fabulous time with T...who's suffering from the same affliction as myself at the moment...that is.... the moving house equivalent of the sock that went missing in the wash. Why is it that when we move house... things just magically vanish, never to be seen or heard from again. And why is it that those things are never that ghastly dinner set you were given as a wedding present from Cousin What's His Name ... or... those ugly shoes you hate.....or even the mother-in-law for that matter?? It's always something you'd really rather not lose at all.
I am envious of T though. The way he describes his new surrounds..it's just delightful. Makes me wish I didn't love trees so much so I could have the Amazon floored to make enough brown paper to wrap myself and the Munchkins in and then mail ourselves to Woop Woop Iowa!! With all the rain today, the 17 thousand postage stamps required would be no problem at all!!! (before the hate mail arrives.. I am joking about flooring the Amazon! Just so you know)
I didn't get to see T today and he really was missed. So much so that I found myself driving the Munchkins home from school this afternoon wearing a pair of green Shrek ears!! Which clearly goes to show I can't be left unsupervised for a moment!!
Yesterday I got to spend some fabulous time with T...who's suffering from the same affliction as myself at the moment...that is.... the moving house equivalent of the sock that went missing in the wash. Why is it that when we move house... things just magically vanish, never to be seen or heard from again. And why is it that those things are never that ghastly dinner set you were given as a wedding present from Cousin What's His Name ... or... those ugly shoes you hate.....or even the mother-in-law for that matter?? It's always something you'd really rather not lose at all.
I am envious of T though. The way he describes his new surrounds..it's just delightful. Makes me wish I didn't love trees so much so I could have the Amazon floored to make enough brown paper to wrap myself and the Munchkins in and then mail ourselves to Woop Woop Iowa!! With all the rain today, the 17 thousand postage stamps required would be no problem at all!!! (before the hate mail arrives.. I am joking about flooring the Amazon! Just so you know)
I didn't get to see T today and he really was missed. So much so that I found myself driving the Munchkins home from school this afternoon wearing a pair of green Shrek ears!! Which clearly goes to show I can't be left unsupervised for a moment!!
Comments:
|











