Sunday, October 03, 2004

The story so far..... 

Well. Here I was... thinking that Munchkins 1 and 2 being on school holidays ('sc') would see the demise of my agile mind but the cause of death has come from quite another source! (more on that later!)

Day three of 'sc' saw Munchkins 1 and 2 and I at the movies. Choice of the day.... Garfield. Munchkin 1 (who's 8 and very good at it at the moment) had a 'oh I have nothing to wear' crisis, as you do when you have a wardrobe FULL of various forms of attire!. Munchkin 2 (who's now 6) on the other hand, had a 'but why can't I wear my purple popcorn jammies to the movies' crisis! Once the appropriate action had been taken on my part (ie: the 'removal of clothing choice' method via..'here! you wear this... and you, you can wear this!!!!!') ... we were on our way.

The movie itself was hmmmmm not bad. Munchkins 1 and 2 thought it was hilarious, wondered aloud why our cat (Jack Kitty) isn't that fat... orange.. or doesn't talk for that matter!! And (curse it all!) the sight of oh so scruffy but still cute Odie, brought about more pleadings, complete with big moo cow eyes and quivering bottom lips....'Can't we get a puppy? Please... please...pahleeeeeeeese!!' Due to excellent application of the 'Oh wow look at the time! We'd better get a wriggle on if we're going to the park!' method...I was temporarily saved!

On day five... Munchkins 1 and 2 left for a lonnnnng weekend away at their paternal grandparents'. I did the 'Wooohooooo four Munchkin free days' dance and then settled into what would become a mini obsession.

As previously posted Blue Monkey Jammies - the website has been born. And while it did flail around naked for a couple of days.... it's begun to evolve and the results have cause the aforementioned death of my brain.

Building a personal website is fun! It's frustrating...but fun. Annoying...but fun. It makes you want to throw your monitor on the ground, when what you're trying to do just isn't working, and jump up and down on it a few times to make sure it's dead ..... BUT... it sure is fun!!!!

At times, it's been so maddening I thought my head would explode, splattering html code all over the walls but I was fortunate enough to be blessed with the loan of a few brain cells from someone much smarter than I (many thanks T! xox) .... and it's finally coming together. So stay tuned......



Blue Monkey Jammies - the website!

Posted by Annie @ 9:42 am

Comments:

invisible