Saturday, October 09, 2004

The end of the holidays..... 

.....YIPPPEEEEEE!

But first.....

What would the second week of the school holidays be without yet another trip to the movies? This time... Shark Tale was decided on after much debate i.e...

M1: I want to go to the one that has cheese popcorn!
ME: They all have cheese popcorn!!
M1: Then I want to go to that one then!!!

Now that was a good movie! We boogied to the groovy soundtrack...we laughed.... we cried (oh wait.. that was me when a piece of popcorn lodged in my eye after being flung about by boogying Munchkins). All in all.. two very enthusiastic thumbs up!!

Days 11, 12 and 13 saw impromptu visits from the Munchkin's maternal grandparents (with extraordinarily bad timing in one case!) and a visit from 'N' .. who by now will be winging her way to Montreal unless she's been incarcerated for bludgeoning her bank manager to death over lack of compliance with her need for a new ATM card!

Which brings us to yesterday.....

Yesterday was the last day of the school holidays for Munchkins 1 and 2. To commemorate this blessed event (for me anyway!), we took to a somewhat local park for some fun in the sun and there..armed only with my digital camera and a complete disregard for my safety... we took on what Munchkin 1 affectionately calls...The Twirling Vortex of Terror!!! (insert scary music here) a.k.a....one of those twisty slippery dips that's super high off the ground.

Naturally, I had to have a go on this thing and even though I was getting flashes of the headlines on the next morning's paper ('Firemen called to remove blockage from children's slippery dip... woman's buttocks found to be the cause') I nevertheless bravely scaled the heights using the teeny spiral staircase and whoooooooooshed down the slide.... and, I have to say.. giggling like a girly girl all the way down.

The Munchkins are gone for the weekend now.. leaving me totally without supervision... and on Monday school begins anew. Life returns to normal.. and my sanity (and I use that term loosely!) should hopefully get a grip!

Posted by Annie @ 6:53 am

Comments:

invisible