Stop the ride I wanna get off!!!
Well! What a week!! Haven't posted anything for a week and I've just noticed the international headlines.....'No posts on BMJ!.. world wide outcry... millions suffering withdrawals' Ok so maybe not millions but thousands at least.
I've just gotten home from a local fair where Munchkins 1 and 2 and myself had a fantabulous time!!! We ate the fairy floss (a.k.a. cotton candy for those americans who's english is a little rusty!)...rode the rides.. fed the laughing clowns and purchased the obligatory flashing glitter ball antennae on a headband. As I sit here however, I'm beginning to suspect that I may have left my spine on the cha-cha ride and one buttock feels like it's missing... perhaps still racing down the giant slide!!!! Fear not dear listener... as both of these items are firmly engraved with my name, phone number and the variety of cheesecake I like, I'm sure they'll turn up in the fair's lost property bin in the morning. I did learn one lesson tonight boys and girls... when the question 'What do you think? Should I get a tattoo?' is presented to Munchkins..their answer really isn't meant to be taken as any sane endorsement of said tattoo idea. High on fairy floss and other legal carnival substances temporary insanity took hold... I took the Munchkins approval as gospel and now here I am... the bearer of a little butterfly tattoo... which also kinda looks like a little 'T' with a flourish. Hmmmmm... 'T' for ummmmm Theesecake? Perhaps not! All in all a wonderful time and we did get to snuggle on a blanky and watch the fireworks at the end of the fair together with the appropriate 'ooooooohing' and 'aaahhing'..that is until a huntsman spider decided to pounce on my newly tattified butterfly!!! This followed by an attempt at the 'stamp that spider's life into oblivion' shuffle all in time to the fireworks soundtrack. As the fireworks drew to a close I took the time to indulge in some fierce Munchkin hugging and as Munchkin 2 wrapped her tiny arms around my neck I thought to myself... right this moment, life is pretty darn good!!
Note: The author would like to ensure that no spiders were harmed during the making of this post. Any spiders and their stunt doubles were duely compensated for time spent and were thoroughly represented by the relevant unions.
I've just gotten home from a local fair where Munchkins 1 and 2 and myself had a fantabulous time!!! We ate the fairy floss (a.k.a. cotton candy for those americans who's english is a little rusty!)...rode the rides.. fed the laughing clowns and purchased the obligatory flashing glitter ball antennae on a headband. As I sit here however, I'm beginning to suspect that I may have left my spine on the cha-cha ride and one buttock feels like it's missing... perhaps still racing down the giant slide!!!! Fear not dear listener... as both of these items are firmly engraved with my name, phone number and the variety of cheesecake I like, I'm sure they'll turn up in the fair's lost property bin in the morning. I did learn one lesson tonight boys and girls... when the question 'What do you think? Should I get a tattoo?' is presented to Munchkins..their answer really isn't meant to be taken as any sane endorsement of said tattoo idea. High on fairy floss and other legal carnival substances temporary insanity took hold... I took the Munchkins approval as gospel and now here I am... the bearer of a little butterfly tattoo... which also kinda looks like a little 'T' with a flourish. Hmmmmm... 'T' for ummmmm Theesecake? Perhaps not! All in all a wonderful time and we did get to snuggle on a blanky and watch the fireworks at the end of the fair together with the appropriate 'ooooooohing' and 'aaahhing'..that is until a huntsman spider decided to pounce on my newly tattified butterfly!!! This followed by an attempt at the 'stamp that spider's life into oblivion' shuffle all in time to the fireworks soundtrack. As the fireworks drew to a close I took the time to indulge in some fierce Munchkin hugging and as Munchkin 2 wrapped her tiny arms around my neck I thought to myself... right this moment, life is pretty darn good!!
Note: The author would like to ensure that no spiders were harmed during the making of this post. Any spiders and their stunt doubles were duely compensated for time spent and were thoroughly represented by the relevant unions.
Comments:
|











