Just high on life.....
..... that's what I told the officers who pulled me over today (but more on that later!!!)Wow ... what a great day it's been! Firstly, in the almost wee hours of this morning, I was abducted by a duck and an irishman and brutally forced to play Literati online totally against my will. (I decided that it was against my will later because it turns out I basically suck at Literati!!!) How cool is it though.. to be able to sit down and play a game like that with friends who are thousands of miles away? And what's even cooler... I could play in my blue monkey jammies and they were none the wiser!!! After they'd finally admitted the degree at which I truly sucked, I raced off in The Pea (hey! I dressed first!!) to get to Gloria Jeans for coffee with Dr D... then a movie. Suddenly 30.. which was your standard fluffy cotton candy type of romantic comedy but it was still fun. After the movie I went to pick up the little Bahai statue I was after. And here's where we come to the brush with the law ladies and gentlemen!! Ok so I'm driving along, windows down on account of my 'russian' air conditioning (you open da window and da air 'rush in') with the radio full blast as I came to a traffic light. Now you would think I would have learnt my lesson by now but, alas once again I succumbed to the need to blast the airwaves with car radio karaoke (Anastacia's 'Sick and Tired') only to hear the 'woop woop' of a police car siren!
Me: 'Ummm yes is there a problem officer?'
Stern Looking Policeman(SLP): 'Just pull over when the lights change please'
Me: (gulp) 'sure, ok'
The lights changed.. we drove through and I pulled over.
SLP: 'Coming home from a party are we?'
Me: 'Ahhh no just shopping'
SLP: 'You seem a little intoxicated'
Me: 'Nope not me' (nervous laugh)
SLP: 'Have you consumed any alcohol in the last 3 hours?'
Me: (another nervous laugh) 'I haven't consumed alcohol in the last 3 months...just high on life'
SLP: 'Ok' (gets out breath testing kit!) 'Just blow into the straw till I say stop please'
Me: 'Ok'(blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)
SLP: 'Ok thankyou you're fine'
Me: (phew!)
SLP: 'Maybe you should try to keep it down a little and concentrate on the road'
Me: (indignantly!) 'I was!'
SLP: 'Can't be paying attention to the road and dancing behind the wheel'(he laughs) 'you can procede'
Me: 'Thank you'
Naturally I urged The Pea to get us away from the site of this humiliation as fast as her little wheels would carry us!!!
Me: 'Ummm yes is there a problem officer?'
Stern Looking Policeman(SLP): 'Just pull over when the lights change please'
Me: (gulp) 'sure, ok'
The lights changed.. we drove through and I pulled over.
SLP: 'Coming home from a party are we?'
Me: 'Ahhh no just shopping'
SLP: 'You seem a little intoxicated'
Me: 'Nope not me' (nervous laugh)
SLP: 'Have you consumed any alcohol in the last 3 hours?'
Me: (another nervous laugh) 'I haven't consumed alcohol in the last 3 months...just high on life'
SLP: 'Ok' (gets out breath testing kit!) 'Just blow into the straw till I say stop please'
Me: 'Ok'(blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)
SLP: 'Ok thankyou you're fine'
Me: (phew!)
SLP: 'Maybe you should try to keep it down a little and concentrate on the road'
Me: (indignantly!) 'I was!'
SLP: 'Can't be paying attention to the road and dancing behind the wheel'(he laughs) 'you can procede'
Me: 'Thank you'
Naturally I urged The Pea to get us away from the site of this humiliation as fast as her little wheels would carry us!!!
Comments:
|











