Thursday, September 02, 2004

Doin the Happy Tummy Dance..... 

Ok.. firstly.. my tummy is still saying wooooohoooooo after the fabulous late lunch I had with my dear old Dad and Munchkins 1 and 2 at The Lakeside Cafe at Glenhaven, Sydney today. Mmmmmmmm Spicy Moroccan chicken breast over a bed of couscous with pine nuts, honeyed carrots and ginger..... YUMMO!! (napkins will be made available to those suffering from the drool factor.... please see your hostess!). It's just so beautiful and what's even better is the huge glass fish bowl (cleverly disguised as a children's playground) that one can lock one's Munchkins into. This is so that one may indulge one's culinary desires with only the gentle sound of falling water from the wall fountains behind one, and the soft lapping of the lake waters in front of one, to accompany one's gluttinous pursuits!! Munchkin 2, the monkey/human hybrid that she is, had a blast scaling the walls of the climbing equipment.... 'why use the ladders mum? climbing the walls is funnerer!'. Munchkin 1 was acting bored (as you do when you're 8 and very good at it at the moment!) but she found it funnerer too after her token 'ho hum' was noted. Earlier though.. there were far too many 'cooks' in the bathroom of our wee cottage when Dad was fixing the lock on the window. The Munchkins were 'helping'. At least that's what they called it. At the end of their combined endeavours however, I had .... a fixed window lock, a broken towel rail, a container of powder 'puffed' all over the inside of the shower and a slew of bobby pins dropped down the drain! Not bad for a few minutes work, eh!!! One more thing before the blue monkey jammies whisk me off to bed.... As this has turned out to be a kind of 'reverse order of the day's events' entry, I'll end by saying that this morning I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by someone I had suspected was out of my life forever.... after 5 hours of 'catching up' (yes dear listener... that's 5 hours!!)... I'm glad they're not. Life's too short to stress over stuff in the past.... the only thing that matters in the long run is the present... and whether The Cheesecake Shop will EVER do home delivery!!!
Posted by Annie @ 1:08 am

Comments:

invisible