You know it's going to be a bad day when.....
..... the first words out of your mouth in the morning are 'ohhhhhh crap!'. This outburst being preceded by the realisation that both you, and Munchkins 1 and 2, have all slept in on a school morning. Now usually, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. But seeing as we now abide slightly more than a stone's throw from the Munchkin's school (yeah right...if you're Hercules that is!!!)... it was a mild disaster! Firstly, I had to wake Munchkin 1 (8yrs old and really good at being 8 at the moment!) who rolls over, moans and tells me to go away... she needs her beauty sleep. So I enlisted the help of Munchkin 2 (almost 6) who, once awakened, was only too happy to 'go drag her sister out of bed'. Getting them to move their butts and get dressed was a nightmare! And all the while I was thinking ...'Dear Santa, for Christmas this year I would like a cattle prod!!!' Anyhoo... finally we're all ready to go. YAY!!!!! I hear you say? Well I said yay too. That is until I grabbed Munchkin 2's schoolbag from the floor only to find that our big black cat had decided to stow away in it! He was firmly lodged between the Finding Nemo lunchbox and the yellow daisy umbrella. Easy enough to fix you'd think, right? WRONG!!!! Eviction of said felonious feline resulted in Munchkin 2's lunchbox (and contents!!) being brutally evicted from the schoolbag. It was mayhem!!!! Sultanas flying in all directions....felonious feline making off with the cheese and vegemite roll.... and Munchkins 1 and 2 chasing the cat/roll combination mooooshing sultanas into the rug in the process!! My second 'Ohhhhhh crap!!!' of the day happened right there at which point I corralled Munchkins 1 and 2....tossed them and their troublesome school bags into the car.....drove like a semi maniac to school (which is actually kinda how I normally drive but we won't go into that here!!).....pushed the ejector seat button when we got there flinging them out the car doors and .. Phew! Munchkins 1 and 2 delivered to school as the bell rang for class. Taking deep calming breaths as I drove back home I was about 2.7 seconds from my driveway when I saw it... there on the back seat... staring at me in a very smug fashion... Munchkin 2's schoolbag!!!!! OHHHHHHH CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
Comments:
|











