Thursday, August 26, 2004

Movies, Mat Damon and escaped dentures...... 

Ok... so today we were back on track. Munchkins 1 and 2 and myself up and raring to go on time this morning. Felonious feline still incarcerated for grand theft sandwich. Left the house on time. Jettisoned Munchkins at the school drop off zone.. which is supposed to work on the 'taxi rank' theory but instead seems to work on the 'I got my license out of a cereal box' theory! Quick visit in to see N at work who was rude enough NOT to be there!! And off I went to my local shopping centre... or 'mall' for our American readers, The Macquarie Centre , for a movie. Opting to see The Bourne Supremacy, I purchased my ticket and made my way to cinema 4 for the 10am screening. After I'd settled myself in all nice n comfy, I took a moment as the lights dimmed, to look about me at my fellow movie goers. Well, I had to be the youngest person in attendance by 30 years or more... I kid you not gentle readers! Clearly I'd missed the Hot Tours for the Over 70's Bus parked out the front. Anyhoo.... the movie itself was ok.... the fun began as I left the theatre once the film had concluded......

Conversation number 1... two elderly gentlemen heard commenting as follows....
Gentleman 1: So? Vat did you tink of that?
Gentleman 2: Ohhh it not so good! Dat Mat Damon! Look at his face! Like a baby it is!
Gentleman 1: Noooooo... he need look rougher.. and taller to. Maybe they should be giving him those shoes.. the ones spies wear to be taller for all the women.

Snickering quietly to myself I passed by only to hear Conversation number 2...... 3 elderly ladies in a group.....
Lady 1: Did you like that movie?
Lady 2: Oh yes although it was a bit loud.
Lady 3: Oh did you think so? I thought it was ok enough.
Lady 2: Did you have your hearing aid on though?
Lady 1: I know I didn't (she laughs)
Lady 1: That actor was handsome, wasn't he?
Lady 3: Which one?
Lady 1: Oh you know.. what's his name? The one that was married to Nicole Kidman.
Lady 2: Noooo that wasn't Tom Cruise. It was Mat Damon I think. Look there.. (points to poster)
Lady 1: Oh I don't know one from the other. I get them mixed up because they're both so short.

The snickering on my part was getting beyond my ability to control. I thought it best I hurry onward only to hear the last conversation coming from one of the ushers that would completely foil my attempt at reining in the giggles.....

Usher 1: Can you get someone out there to stop that group
Usher 2: Why? What's up?
Usher 1: One of them's left their dentures in the cup holder of a seat in there!!!
Usher 2: Are you serious?
Usher 1: Yeah! Here you go (he laughs)
Usher 2: Eww don't give it to me. Wait here a minute (he departs possibly to find the gummy member of the group)

That was the end of me I fear. I cackled all the way out!

Posted by Annie @ 10:07 pm

Comments:

invisible