Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Happy Birthday to.......... 

Munchkin 2!!!!!!!! Yes boys and girls. My monkey/human hybrid, Munchkin 2 is 6 today! (lawd help me!!!) Naturally she's already started the 'I should have that, I'm the birthday girl' thing. Yesterday afternoon was spent mixing, baking (yes... gasp! I baked!!) and icing 23 widdle cupcakes for Munchkin 2 and her class.... teacher's aren't licensed to 'cut cakes' apparently!!!! Could be a 'no knife wielding in class' thing......or.... much more likely.... 'cutting 23 slices and getting all sticky in the process is not desirable' thing. This morning, Munchkin 2 has awoken firmly believing in the following.... she's much taller this morning...... her hair is definately much longer this morning.... and Munchkin 1 (8yrs old and really good at being 8 at the moment!) should hand over her CD player.... Munchkin 2 of course now being old enough to have one and naturally her sister's player is it!!! Now... as a torturer of small children, of course I'm forcing Munchkin 2 to wait till she gets home from school this afternoon to indulge in frenzied ripping and tearing of gift wrapping. But I must away..... there appears to be a debate brewing in the kitchen. Munchkin 1 is suggesting to her sister that they should have the cupcakes for breakfast 'while mum's not looking' ... Munchkin 2 is 'suggesting' right back (at extraordinary volumes!) that you have to be 6 to eat said cupcakes or else they blow up in your tummy!! (??? an educated comment on my cooking perhaps??) .... furthermore that mum has 'magic eyeballs' and will see them being sneaky!!! I like how she thinks! Now... where did I put those 'magic eyeballs'..........
Posted by Annie @ 7:40 am

Comments:

invisible